- Safety and Technical Training
ESA Safety & Technical Training
Amid Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, ESA has decided to cancel all classroom training courses scheduled to start on March 16 till the end of April.
This is a precautionary measure to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees and community. Courses will be rescheduled when public health officials advise transmission concerns have subsided.
ESA will keep your current registration and will notify you of the rescheduled date once determined. If you prefer a full refund of your course registration, please contact ESA’s Customer Service Centre at 1-877-372-7233.
Please note that online courses and Self study courses are continuing as scheduled. We ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to respond to evolving circumstances.
The Electrical Safety Authority offers electrical safety and technical training based on the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
ESA’s training courses are specifically designed to offer practical guidance and clarification on electrical safety principles, safe work practices, and the implementation of complex Codes, standards and guidelines. Supervisors and workers are encouraged to continually improve their knowledge and follow safe work practices. ESA’s comprehensive knowledge of electrical harms is fundamental to the development of effective training solutions that will influence worker behaviour. Training is an effective risk reduction solution.
To meet your training needs ESA offers instructor-led, self-directed, and eLearning opportunities. Public and on-site courses are available!
Ontario Electrical Safety Code (27th Edition/2018) Training
ESA is offering OESC training that highlights key changes to the Ontario Electrical Safety Code. For OESC course registration and schedule information click here.
Safety Awareness Training
- designed to keep employees safe.
- helps employers demonstrate due diligence.
- designed for electricians, contractors and consultants.
- based on the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- saves money on call-backs and improves electrical safety.
- designed for consultants and electricians.
- provides in-depth knowledge for complex topics.
Ontario Fire College - Solar Photovoltaic Systems, Wind Turbines, and Fire Fighter Safety Course
Training is an effective risk reduction solution. ESA's training courses are specifically designed to offer guidance and clarification regarding electrical safety principles and safe work practices. Courses are continually being developed to meet evolving training needs.
Registration for a half-day public course is $164 + HST per person. Registration for a full-day course is $324 + applicable taxes per person. On-site training courses are available for $2,264 (half-day) and $4,569 (full-day) + applicable taxes for up to 25 participants.
2. The Electrical Safety Authority (the “ESA”) is committed to maintaining the accuracy, security and privacy of personal information in accordance with applicable Canadian privacy laws and ESA’s Privacy and Access Code (the “Code”). The ESA’s Code, which forms part of the Administrative Agreement between the ESA and the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, prevents ESA from releasing an individual’s personal information to a third party without their written consent. To obtain a copy of our Consent to Release Statement - Third Party Request for Information form please use the link below.
Training is a non-regulatory service offered by the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA). More information about these services...