Report a Non-Compliance
The Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) is responsible for licensing electrical contractors and master electricians in the province of Ontario and for ensuring that only licensed electrical contracting businesses carry out electrical work.
The Licensing reporting process is intended to deal with:
- non-compliance issues in relation to companies or individuals who act as electrical contractors but do not in fact hold the appropriate ECRA/ESA Electrical Contractor Licence, or
- where an ECRA/ESA licence holder fails to meet the requirements of their licence.
Please note that while your report may be valid, it could fall outside of ESA’s jurisdiction. If your report is about the standard of service, action or lack of action by or on behalf of ESA, please go here.
If your report involves a transaction with a business that falls under the Consumer Protection Act, 2002, visit the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services website here.
Personal information is not mandatory. If you do not wish to provide your personal information, you may remain anonymous. By remaining anonymous, ESA will be unable to contact you or direct you to another authority having jurisdiction over the complaint issues, nor will ESA be able to provide you with the outcome of your report should you request it. All submitted reports will be reviewed, regardless of whether or not you provide your personal information. The more information you provide, the more likely we will be able to follow-up on your report.
A licensing report may be filed by contacting ESA in one of the following ways:
- Phone: 1-(877) esa-safe (372-7233)
- Mail: 400 Sheldon Dr, Unit 1, Cambridge ON, N1T 2H9
- Online: complete the form below